poulin grain anyone use that brand whats it cost for a bag

Hi there-I actually liked it. I dont use it now but I have in an emergency. The dealer for it is 30 minutes from my house and happened to notice the store was a feed store driving by. I picked up 100 lbs and my crew loved it. The layer pellets are half the size of blue seals/purina-much easier to eat for the bantams too. problem was they ate it so fast that I had to get more feed 3 days earlier than normal!!!! I paid 11$ a bag?? that was 2 months ago and I KNOW costs have gone up again:-( Depeneding on your flock size..you might want to ask the dealers if you by a ton ( 2000 LBS) 40 bags-how much of a discount you can have for a bulk rate??? I have been working with dealers on and off and some have offered me 10% off total to by a pallet's worth. That a savings of 4 free bags to me!! If you had the money that is:-( or get a few others to go in on it with you and form a little co-op you all can benefit from???

thanks for the info. i have been a blueseal brand user for years i like there product. i use layer mash for my flock of 21 standard egg layers 20 hens 1 rooster. i just started looking into poulin products i found a article about someone who switched from blueseal to poulin and there laying hens started cranking the eggs out better. who knows if it was the change of the feed but i bought a bag of poulin layer mash yesterday going to try it out. i paid $11.00 for 50lb bag at a conveince store that sells poulin products regular price is $12.00 but he gave me it for 11.00 he couldnt find the price sheet. i think for me the closest poulin dealer for me is 15 miles from my house. blueseal dealer is only 6 miles. i heard that poulin will deliver to peoples houses every two weeks guess i will have to look into it more and see what there possabiltys are to deliver and how much i would have to buy every two weeks to make it worth there while to deliver. thanks.
big_smile.png

I use Poulin 90% of the time. Once in a while I know I will run out before delivery day so I have used Blue Seal and Purina. My local Poulin dealer delivers weekly to my area so if I needed to I could get it weekly. And it is free delivery at least with my dealer. Normally I get hay and grain every other week so I do spend at least $100 each time. Current price for the layer pellets or mash is $11.60 for a 50 lbs bag.

Quote:
hi widget. is there a maximum you have to buy to get them to deliver. i usually buy 100 lbs of mash and 2 shavings every two weeks for my flock of 21 birds. i looked up the nearest poulin dealer that delivers and its in winthrop 48 miles from me. i will have to call and find out if they would deliver. thanks for the info.

Not sure. All I know is that Longhorn in Buxton delivers free if you are buying any Poulin grains. It might depend on the individual dealer as to how much you have to buy. Since I also have horses and a goats I am usually buying at least four or five bags of some type of grain every two weeks. I could just have delivery once a month but I don't have the ability to store that much hay so I go with the every other week delivery.
On a related note if you ever have any questions about Poulin products they are great at answering questions. Andrew Beal is the local representative and I have picked his brain many times either in person or via email.

I have been feeding my flock poulan since I started. I have never had any issues with the feed, its all they sell locally as far as i can find. I am currently paying 10.60 for 50 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom