Poultry abuse!

Unfortunately there's not much you can do except provide them with essential care. You could spray vetrycin and put neosporin on the areas that are raw. But, the bills won't heal all the way.
What does the rest of the duck look like? Are you familiar with ducks? They need feed and water deep enough to dip their heads in. That will also help with healing.

@Quatie
@Isadora
@HollowOfWisps
@Isaac 0
@Miss Lydia

The guy took off before I opened the boxes....
I was soo mad at the guy I called him couple times to cuss him out.
...He said they came to him like that. He didn't want them due to noise. fat liar!!
How do you know he is lying about the way the ducks came to him?

I agree, what happened to those ducks was awful.
But I do not see how you know (or think you know) who did it.

And no matter who did that to the ducks, that man's decision to pass the ducks on to you was a decision that is GOOD for the ducks. Do you really want him spreading the word that people should not bring you birds that need help? "Don't give ducks to this person. They'll just be rude about it, and then keep calling you at work to cuss you out."

I agree with @Crazy Maizie use Veterycin spray and antibiotic ointment for the wounds. If they can open their mouth wide enough to eat just good solid feed and plenty of fresh water if they are having trouble eating but can drink then make their feed into soup with some warm water. Some good poultry vitamins to get their immune systems up to par. and antibiotics if any of the wounds look infected.
Those poor ducks, That is def animal abuse. I sure hope he doesn't have any other animals.
How many ducks total and were all like this?
Also if you don't have Veterycin warm saline [recipes online] can be used to help with healing.
Please let us know how they are doing and if there are other injuries.

So many things going through my mind with this. What kind of person can do this? If he's capable of this, I imagine he's capable of much much worse. Everyone knows how sensitive a ducks bill is. What kind of life did he provide them? I have zero doubt that he will regret this. I hope it haunts him each and everyday of the rest of his life and beyond. So all of them have some degree of bill damage similar to this? How many ducks? I would take his work info to the authorities and get them in on this. This is absolutely SICK!

Edited: @NatJ makes a very good point. I wouldn't contact him at all, but I'd want to find out if this is a punishable crime (seems so) and if so, contact authorities.
This does make me wonder if he's innocent and that's why he was rushing away to avoid any judgment. I doubt he'd contact you from a traceable number if he's guilty, but he may know who inflicted this horror on these ducks.

Last edited:

And no matter who did that to the ducks, that man's decision to pass the ducks on to you was a decision that is GOOD for the ducks. Do you really want him spreading the word that people should not bring you birds that need help? "Don't give ducks to this person. They'll just be rude about it, and then keep calling you at work to cuss you out."
I agree with this 100%. People who abuse animals to this degree do not usually gain a heart and take them to a rescue. As someone who grew up in redneck nowhere land where animals were often seen as only property someone who is capable of this would have rather let them starve to death before turning them over. The man's behavior actually leans more towards someone who took the animals without permission from the original owner which would definitely explain why he took off so quickly.

As for duck care I agree with everyone above on poultry vitamins/electrolytes and antibiotic ointment on their bills. I would consider and antibiotic because of how deep the wounds are. I would do a keel bone score to see if they've even been eating as well and a full body exam. My concern would be if they are even capable of picking up food and actually able to get it from the end of their bill to their throats. Which in that case tube feeding supplies might need to be ordered.
tumblr_pkawjv9j5R1x8taa7o1_r1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
No... I have seen chickens with damaged beaks before. Maybe it will grow back since it is not fully broken? How were they able to eat and drink if the wires were so tight?

No... I have seen chickens with damaged beaks before. Maybe it will grow back since it is not fully broken? How were they able to eat and drink if the wires were so tight?

I’ll volunteer.

I called him and he told me the noise was the issue. And yes I CUSSED HIM OUT loudly as I could! He left quickly and I never opened the boxes. An honest person would have informed me of there condition. He definitely did this.
He can't spread anything bad about me because I HAVE HIS abused DUCKS.
The world is soo messed up. Make a loud sound everytime u see abuse. Reason world is like this is because no one says or does anything.

I agree with this 100%. People who abuse animals to this degree do not suddenly gain a heart and take them to a rescue. As someone who grew up in redneck nowhere land where animals were often seen as only property someone who is capable of this would have rather let them starve to death before turning them over. The man's behavior actually leans more towards someone who took the animals without permission from the original owner which would definitely explain why he took off so quickly.

As for duck care I agree with everyone above on poultry vitamins/electrolytes and antibiotic ointment on their bills. I would consider and antibiotic because of how deep the wounds are. I would do a keel bone score to see if they've even been eating as well and a full body exam. My concern would be if they are even capable of picking up food and actually able to get it from the end of their bill to their throats. Which in that case tube feeding supplies might need to be ordered.
View attachment 2915216
How can u know he is innocent after my one post?

that angry emotion is not good enough to express myself right now... if you ever find out where he lives i promise you nobody will ever worry about more ducks being treated like that.. at least by that person :mad: 🔪 i need to go calm down, please excuse me.
Very angry indeed........

How can u know he is innocent after my one post?
I'm not saying he is innocent, but I am saying that people who abuse animals do not normally willingly hand them over or turn around to try to save them. Also your last post appeared after I posted my original post which does paint things in a different light. I was going off of the very first post.

Back
Top Bottom