Poultry and Small animal swap in Garfield, AR on March 3rd!!!

Are you coming?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edwardscorp

In the Brooder
8 Years
There will be a Poultry and Small Animal Swap meet in Garfield on Saturday, March 3rd from 8am until noon. NO COST! There are rules, but you can bring your cages and pens with critters and meet like minded people. It will be at the FLYING RF FEED AND SEED store in Garfield less than 1 mile north of the Pea Ridge Battlefield National Military Park. If you need any information, give me a call or text me at 479-616-4345, email me at [email protected] or you can call the feed store directly.

Here are the rules so far, but this is a new thing for me, so be flexible:

1. Buy, sell and trade of poultry, rabbits, and small farm animals;
2. Limit size / weight of animals to less than 150 pounds;
3. All animals be leashed, caged, penned or otherwise confined;
4. Sellers limited to roughly 10' x 10' area, no tables or pens provided, must bring your own;
5. No buyer or seller fees;
6. Non-animal sale items limited to farm items (cages, tack, feed, etc.);
7. Like the BOYSCOUTS say: "LEAVE NO TRACE", if you bring it in, you take it out with you. Flying RF Feed store is not charging us to do this, so make sure and take your trash and things home with you, animals included.

Before you set up, you must register with me that morning, I'll have a table or something set up to take your info on who you are, your how to get ahold of you, what you got to sale and where you are located. I was advised to do this by an individual that did this in the past and when someones puppies didn't sale or go to other homes, they were ditched there and he ended up having to take and feed them until he found homes for them. I don't want that to happen, so I need your contact information BEFORE you set up.

In our area, we are not required to get a license or permit, being outside city limits. I figured we would run from 8am to noon or so and would sell simple concessions such as soda, coffee and maybe donuts. We will be on site of the feed store, so let Adam and Brad know how much we appreciate them allowing us to do this and not charge us to buy or sell, so if you need feed, seed, or farm supplies, patronize the store and buy up. BTW, I am friends with Adam, the manager, but have no financial benefit in the feed store, I just buy my feed and raw peanuts from there.

If you can think of anything else or if you notice that I am forgetting something, feel free to post it here or PM me or email me at [email protected] or call me at 479-616-4345 or call the store directly.

Hope to see you there!

Patrick

I didn't see were to post if you were interested but if the weather is nice I would like to come. I'm from MO but according to yahoo maps it would just be about an hours drive. Hope to see you!

Good luck!! I probably won't be able to make this one, but hope to in the future. Garfield is more than 2 hours from me, but you'd be the closest.

We will commit to coming weather permitting , we will most likely bring hatching egg's , pullets, and chicks and some tack , I will try and check the forecast closer to the date and let everyone know what breeds we will be bringing so people can plan to come and shop thanks for doing this we are planning on doing this in Tontitown in the future so I hope lots of folks will show up don't forget to advertise on Craig's list and dial a trade. let me know if you need any help. you can call me at 4793619142.
thanks John

Last edited:
Just over 2 weeks from now. I will be bringing lop and lionhead dwarf rabbits, young white leghorn mix roosters, white leghorn and golden comet pullets, and farm fresh eggs and fertile eggs for hatching. I've had emails from people saying they are coming and bringing turkeys and chicks. Another who is bringing rabbits, breeds not specified, and a lady wanting to bring her goats. What are you bringing to sale / trade? What are you looking for?

I am looking for some silver laced wyandottes if anyone has some with good lacing. I prefer young pullets but would consider chicks if I can see pics of the parents. I have a roo, but need to get him some more girlfriends.

dont the birds an goats have to be tested. all the ones i been to i have had to get chickens tested an banded. an the goats have to be to. i cant make this one as we have a chicken show that day in Rison. but will try for the next one.

My family is there! We are just getting into this lifestyle and would like to learn all we can! Let me know if there is anything we can help with.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom