Poultry Cell for fowlpox -- question and feedback

GretchenM

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2011
My 6-mo-old flock started coming down with fowlpox about 2 weeks ago. I had this in my last flock (at another location, years ago), and it ran through the entire flock; they looked awful, but they didn't seem to notice except occasionally mistaking someone else's pock for a bug to be eaten. When it started this time, I did some quick research to remind myself of how long it would last and found suggestions to give the flock immuno-boosts, so I've been adding Poultry Cell to their water.

First, I want everyone to know that it's been at least two weeks, and the Poultry Cell is really nipping it in the bud! The first girls to be affected soon lost their pox, and since then, I've seen small spots pop up on other hens but quickly go away, and without spreading beyond just one small spot. So I encourage using this treatment!

Second, a question. Is there a limit on how long I should administer Poultry Cell? I can't find anything on the Rooster Booster site, so I assume it's OK to give it to them for several weeks, until I see no sign of pox?

I am always SO GRATEFUL to this community of wonderful, caring, generous people!

My 6-mo-old flock started coming down with fowlpox about 2 weeks ago. I had this in my last flock (at another location, years ago), and it ran through the entire flock; they looked awful, but they didn't seem to notice except occasionally mistaking someone else's pock for a bug to be eaten. When it started this time, I did some quick research to remind myself of how long it would last and found suggestions to give the flock immuno-boosts, so I've been adding Poultry Cell to their water.

First, I want everyone to know that it's been at least two weeks, and the Poultry Cell is really nipping it in the bud! The first girls to be affected soon lost their pox, and since then, I've seen small spots pop up on other hens but quickly go away, and without spreading beyond just one small spot. So I encourage using this treatment!

Second, a question. Is there a limit on how long I should administer Poultry Cell? I can't find anything on the Rooster Booster site, so I assume it's OK to give it to them for several weeks, until I see no sign of pox?

I am always SO GRATEFUL to this community of wonderful, caring, generous people!
You can use it for as long as you want to give your flock a boost.
I routinely add Poultry Nutri-Drench to the morning mashes about 2x a week and will also do it on very cold or very hot days along with some electrolytes to help support them during times of stress. That is really what you are doing with the nutritional boost. Giving their bodies everything they need to fight off the virus causing the disease.
I'm glad to read it's working so well.

Wow i am happy to hear about the product. I wonder if you could determine from my picture if i am also dealing with fowl pox. I had discovered it on one hen which i isolated as i have no experience and never dealt with any illness.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114-092756.png
    Screenshot_20201114-092756.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
You can use it for as long as you want to give your flock a boost.
I routinely add Poultry Nutri-Drench to the morning mashes about 2x a week and will also do it on very cold or very hot days along with some electrolytes to help support them during times of stress. That is really what you are doing with the nutritional boost. Giving their bodies everything they need to fight off the virus causing the disease.
I'm glad to read it's working so well.
Awesome, thank you!!

Wow i am happy to hear about the product. I wonder if you could determine from my picture if i am also dealing with fowl pox. I had discovered it on one hen which i isolated as i have no experience and never dealt with any illness.
I'm not an expert, and it's kind of hard to tell from that photo, b/c the dark spot is kind of blurry. Google images of fowl pox, and see if that helps!

Back
Top Bottom