Poultry Metabolizable Energy AND Protein Requirements (calculations)

EuroChook

Songster
Jul 18, 2023
Veterinary Science University document showing answers to calculable problems regarding the Energy and Protein requirements of poultry. A very useful guide which I am using currently.

*Downloadable .PDF is completely virus-free.

Attachments

• Calculation.NR.Poultry (1).pdf
    300.8 KB · Views: 11
I like my math, don't get me wrong, but I am happy to say that the average backyard owner not only doesn't need to concern themselves with that, but won't find the MKE of their feed printed anywhere on the bag, so wouldn't be able to make use of it anyways.

Ignorance isn't bliss, but at some point, more knowledge fails the cost benefit analysis! Good for those operating at commercial scale though.

Good luck in your studies!

I like my math, don't get me wrong, but I am happy to say that the average backyard owner not only doesn't need to concern themselves with that, but won't find the MKE of their feed printed anywhere on the bag, so wouldn't be able to make use of it anyways.

Ignorance isn't bliss, but at some point, more knowledge fails the cost benefit analysis! Good for those operating at commercial scale though.

Good luck in your studies!
But it is quite simple. Energy values can be looked up. Energy minus excreta equals ME. The following attachment allows look up and determination of relevant values. I believe any poultry owner would be interested, even the casual hobbyist. It is to better fine tune cost benefit ratios that these data do exist. Waste not and want not. However, I assume nothing about people. Ergo, I will let the average person decide for themselves what they like, and will not interpret for them.

Tables 1.1 thru 1.3 are practical and relevant.

Attachments

• METABOLIZABLE ENERGY DETERMINATION IN BROILER CHICKENS.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
But it is quite simple. Energy values can be looked up. Energy minus excreta equals ME. The following attachment allows look up and determination of relevant values. I believe any poultry owner would be interested, even the casual hobbyist. It is to better fine tune cost benefit ratios that these data do exist. Waste not and want not. However, I assume nothing about people. Ergo, I will let the average person decide for themselves what they like, and will not interpret for them.

Tables 1.1 thru 1.3 are practical and relevant.
I agree its simple - my feed calculator makes use of more complex calculations (if only because it performs multiple steps as a single equation). and I like tables 1.1-1.3, ty for sharing

Veterinary Science University document showing answers to calculable problems regarding the Energy and Protein requirements of poultry. A very useful guide which I am using currently.

*Downloadable .PDF is completely virus-free.
This is cool! Know my dad would love it, he read a math textbook for fun one time :lau
Maybe if we had more than 3 chickens, and I wasn't so lazy...
Anyways, thanks!

This is cool! Know my dad would love it, he read a math textbook for fun one time :lau
Maybe if we had more than 3 chickens, and I wasn't so lazy...
Anyways, thanks!
You're welcome! He read Math for fun, thats pretty interesting. I couldn't do that. But I know someone who would take a thesaurus to bed. I am in awe of people who can do that haha

Back
Top Bottom