Poultry nubee

Rajandura

Chirping
Nov 18, 2018
Illinois
Hello all. I guess I should have posted an intro before i made my first post... i just had a lot to get off of my chest the other night after losing another hen. So, here is my bio:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We hatched our first 3 chickens from a dozen eggs we received from a friend of ours back in March of 18. So yes, pretty new!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

9. We were given 9 older hens from a neighbor who wanted out of chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Austrolorp, orpington, ameraucana, wyandotte, brahma.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their personalities.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Spending time with our 3 children, spending time doing anything outdoors, tinkering in the garage, reading books, learning about caring for animals.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My wife and i have been married for 11 years. We have 3 childrenWe live south of Chicago in Illinois. We have the chickens, 4 ducks, a rabbit, 2 dogs, a cat (or 2). And a pond of fish. I work full time as a firefighter.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community
:Dive been following the group for awhile after finding some information in it through a google search. I came here to learn more, and share my own experiences to help other nubees getting started.

Welcome to BYC :frow:welcome
D9C89668-22EA-48EA-81DA-5AD301663178.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom