Poultry nubee

Welcome to Backyard Chickens, Ryan! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry. There is always space for members on the BYC roost!:highfive: I am sorry to hear about all of the losses you have dealt with in the past. Do you know if they were killed by nocturnal predators?

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens, Ryan! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry. There is always space for members on the BYC roost!:highfive: I am sorry to hear about all of the losses you have dealt with in the past. Do you know if they were killed by nocturnal predators?

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!
Olive, the grey one in the photo, was killed sometime at night, or early morning, by i believe a owl, because she was not taken, as would have been the case with a 4 legged predator. The 4 pekin duck hens were definitely taken by coyotes at night, they were fine the night prior around 10pm. Both completely preventable and both totally my fault. I guess thats the downside to trying to homestead and work full time. But, that is why I am here, to share my good experiences and bad, just like i have learned from others on here.

Back
Top Bottom