Poultry Tribune

WyandotteTX

Songster
10 Years
Jan 10, 2010
As I have been most of the day, sitting here bored because of the nasty weather out, looking up stuff on google books and came across this publication from around 1907 I think. I find it fascinating to see all of the breeds for sale listed in the publication and some of the articles are interesting also. Love all of the adds for hatching eggs where you can buy 5 dozen for about $5...haha
I thought it was interesting and thought I would share...

http://books.google.com/books?id=xx...DgQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=mottled houdans&f=false

The Poultry Tribune was started about 1896 and is still printed today or was until very recently.It has been very commerical since about 1950.They printed about 75 color full page breed pictures starting in the early 1920s. One of the best poultry Journals was RELIABLE POULTRY JOURNAl,it started in 1894 and ran until 1932,they did many good breed books and general books.

Interesting stuff, two things of note though are 1) Love what you searched up and 2) Commercial indeed. Most of the results were "highest egg production!" ads. For Houdans?
roll.png
Perhaps they really did die as a breed that long ago. . .

Back
Top Bottom