poults are different color!!

This is a Sweetgrass Tom from Porter born june 2011
IMAG0076-1.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

The poults may appear to be really dark at hatch but yes, the color should be brown with a light yellow face.

thank you so much..He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I was told this AM that I have Chocolates... It just so happens, I ran into the man I bought my turkeys from last year, today at the store.. I questioned him about them being chocolates... Said he had more than sweetgrass and "oh well, must have made a mistake".... Wow... Doesn't really matter to me, but kind of embarassing when you have no clue what your own birds are and yo've been calling them something else for a full year...
thank you so much for responding... I really appreciate it...

Those look like Chocolates. I got some chocolates by breeding my sweetgrass hen to my jersey buff roo. At first they looked black, but after a couple of days, you could see the dark brown.

I bet that your turkeys could have a diferent backround because the toms displaying fethers in the pic of him strutting are white tipped... my chocolates have the same color on the tip of the display feathers as the color on the lower part of them

Chocolates are black turkeys with brown genes, so when they hatch they show the same patterning as blacks, but they are a little lighter in color as you have observed.

Back
Top Bottom