Poults covered in poo

Tiranni

Songster
Jul 20, 2019
Hutchinson, MN
I'm new to turkeys, and have two sweet cuddly little 5 week old poults. One royal palm and one black spanish. They have a big clean brooder with pine shavings that I clean out every other day- but for some reason they always have poop all over their feet and feathers. Are turkeys just naturally gross? My chickens and guineas were never this dirty. Lol

They love to jump on our shoulders and cuddle up to our necks, but it's so gross...

I'm new to turkeys, and have two sweet cuddly little 5 week old poults. One royal palm and one black spanish. They have a big clean brooder with pine shavings that I clean out every other day- but for some reason they always have poop all over their feet and feathers. Are turkeys just naturally gross? My chickens and guineas were never this dirty. Lol

They love to jump on our shoulders and cuddle up to our necks, but it's so gross...
It's normal sorry. Turkeys eat alot so they poop alot. They might need a bigger space. More space means they will step in less poop. What size is there place?

They do make more of a mess then chickens that's for sure.. and even ducklings witch was a surprise.
It's normal sorry. Turkeys eat alot so they poop alot. They might need a bigger space. More space means they will step in less poop. What size is there place?
They have a 5'L x 5'W x 5'H enclosure with pine shavings.

Only time any of my turkeys get messy is if they are to crowded in unclean pens. Might have something to do with what they are eating is there a lot of runny droppings? Also when its hot they drink a lot more water and makes for runny messy droppings.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom