Power outage during day 2 of incubation

OneBrokenWing

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 19, 2013
Hello,
I lost power during the night for 2-6 hours. I have two incubators with eggs. One has chicks that will go into lock-down tomorrow and the other one has eggs that have only been incubating for two days. I have never lost power during incubation before and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with short power outages and how it effects the eggs? I am mainly worried about the ones that have only been in for 2 days. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

The day 2 eggs are safe and most likely won't have any affect from the power outage, the egg that's near lock down might though. You'll just have to wait and see what happens.
smile.png

Last edited:
I candled a few hours after the power came back on and temps in the incubator had returned to normal. The chicks that will go into lock-down tomorrow were all still alive. Does it take awhile to affect them? Or would they have already died if it was going to affect them?

Last edited:
I candled a few hours after the power came back on and temps in the incubator had returned to normal. The chicks that will go into lock-down tomorrow were all still alive. Does it take awhile to affect them? Or would they have already died if it was going to affect them?
I don't think it takes awhile to affect them. If their heart is still beating they should live, unless something else comes along during incubation.

Back
Top Bottom