Power went out JUST as a chick pipped!

8RainBowStar8

Chirping
Nov 16, 2022
One out of 2 of my viable shipped eggs JUST pipped JUST as the power went out 😱😱😱

The incubator has dropped in temp rapidly but the humidity is still good does anyone have any tips?! Power is estimated to return in 3hrs!

No tips here as I’ve never hatched with an incubator. that would be one of my biggest fears if I decided to do so. Hopefully they make it.
One out of 2 of my viable shipped eggs JUST pipped JUST as the power went out 😱😱😱

The incubator has dropped in temp rapidly but the humidity is still good does anyone have any tips?! Power is estimated to return in 3hrs!

Yep, cover the incubator, although you may not want to cover the air vent, maybe someone else can comment on how long the oxygen in an incubator lasts.
There's a good chance that they will be fine, I had three piped eggs on a fairly cold floor for around half an hour, (after a dog disaster) and they all still hatched and are going strong today. I imagen they would keep their temp pretty well in closed incubator.

Yep, cover the incubator, although you may not want to cover the air vent, maybe someone else can comment on how long the oxygen in an incubator lasts.

There's a good chance that they will be fine, I had three piped eggs on a fairly cold floor for around half an hour, (after a dog disaster) and they all still hatched and are going strong today. I imagen they would keep their temp pretty well in closed incubator.

Thankyou for the reassurance 🥹🩷🙏

How are they going?

The lone survivor out of the 2 🥹 im suspecting the horrific saddle air sac for the other one was the cause of its demise tho not the power going out 😔

Attachments

• 20230103_173117.jpg
    20230103_173117.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom