Prayers for me

I hope you are feeling better soon.
smile.png
hugs.gif

BamaChicken, I see that this is a very old post. However, I know that C-diff can be incredibly difficult to heal. And a certain percentage of people who are infected and "cured" contract it again in the future. For this reason, I wanted to inform you of the procedure called fecal transplant.

From my 2-3 month-long stint with c-diff, I know that antibiotics are not the most reliable (which didn't take any convincing since it was antibiotics that caused the c-diff for me in the first place!). I did a long treatment of metronidozol... 20 days or something like that... which failed and the side effects were terrible. My doctor wanted to try it again for 20+ days! I said, "what, are you crazy? What makes you think it will work when it has failed already? Do you not believe in empirical evidence? What about the scientific method? You're a doctor, aren't you?!" So I left her, and got another doctor to prescribe me vancomycin. There was a long step-down process in taking this, but it worked.

If I ever have to do it all over again, I will immediately do a fecal transplant, without any doubts, no antibiotics what so ever. The problem with antibiotics is they completely wipe out your immune system in trying to kill the c-diff. The spores from the c-diff survive the antiobiotics, and then can hatch when you get off the antibiotics. The freshly hatched c-diff bacteria can easily thrive since you are now off the antibiotics and your immune system is nearly non-existent after using the antibiotics. The c-diff has hatched into an environment where they can thrive, and again take over your intestines.

I also wanted to share with you the power of probiotics. I popped probiotics like crazy when I was being treated for c-diff. And after i had healed too, if ever I felt symptoms of c-diff coming on again, I would take a large quantity of probiotics. I still try to take two a day every day. The ones I take are multidophilus and sacchromycis boulardi.

Boy, it's a nasty thing that c-diff. And it is becoming more and more common as people use more and more antibiotics. I sure hope you are doing well! I was never hospitalized myself, but I feel your pain. I was only 25 when I became infected. Normally, this disease effects the elderly and the young... well you know things are getting worse when it's attacking younger, healthy people.

And one more thing I almost forgot, I completely overhauled my diet. I went on the GAPS diet. It incorporates fermented vegetables, which are essentially a natural form of probiotics.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom