Prayers for Oreo

kodiakchicken

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2008
Kodiak, Alaska
Well, our new little Boston Terrier pup, Oreo, who is 9 weeks old today, was diagnosed with a mast cell tumor (big, larger than a marble) on her back leg. She's going in for surgery today and I'm praying everything goes okay and this is a one time thing. They'll be running blood tests as well to make sure the cancer hasn't spread. I'd sure appreciate your prayers for her. She was a pound puppy and we knew she had an issue when we took her, but now I'm really afraid. She's so tiny, only 2 pounds, and seems so fragile!

Here's a couple photos.

9122_oreo_010.jpg

9122_oreo_005.jpg

9122_oreo_038.jpg

Thanks, everyone! I just heard from the vet and her surgery went well and she's recovering fine. I get to pick her up on my way home from work tonight. Now comes the struggle of keeping

We won't know for another week how the blood work comes out and whether the vet got completely clean margins around the tumor, but knowing she got through the surgery okay sure makes me feel better!

And, to top it off, the animal shelter we got her from is going to put $200.00 toward the cost of her surgery since we were willing to adopt her knowing there might be issues. What a blessing!

Awwww she sure is a sweety. So glad to hear her surgery went well. Sending Prayers for a quick recovery and that she is cancer free. God Bless You for adopting her. Best Wishes.
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom