prayers needed for the "S" family

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kareninthesun, Mar 4, 2012.

1. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    This couple (retired) formally adopted their four grandchildren a year ago. Both their son and dil were heavy into drugs. The children are young, 9, 7, 5 and 2. They were found in horrid conditions. The parents were in trouble legally, but everyone believed that they should still stay connected with their children, with boundaries and promises (legally) adhered to. Their son has been doing better, but dil, not. They divorced. (the son, his wife). The children, for the first time have been on a routine, aren't anxious, the older ones doing well in school, making friends. Healthy, happy. The transition of grandparents to parents went much smoother than they thought, and the commitment out of love is worth the effort when you see the children.

Three days ago, their biological mother died. Heartbreaking to try to explain this to the children. An upheaval. Scary. While the older ones understand that this is a consequence of drugs and addiction and is no reflection of how she felt (loved) her children, they are still young with very tender hearts. Their new parents are well centered emotionally, but so hard. Chemicals steal so much. They are too young to be faced with this type of reality, one that adults find difficult as loved ones struggle.

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers. So sad.

3. vickifiveoh

vickifiveoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Burnsville, NC
    Will keep these children in my thoughts and prayers.

4. tntblake

tntblake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Wichita, Kansas
    I will keep these kids in my thoughts and prayers. What a hard thing for children to understand. Kudos to the grandparents for stepping up and caring for these babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by