Praying Mantis Thread

They have both molted twice and have become L6!
Here are there pictures as L5, sorry they are not the best.

Galo
20210629_230952.jpg

Aina
20210629_221653.jpg

Just discovered this thread this morning and have read all the posts. Fascinating!

I was so excited recently when I finally got all the junk moved and could mow the big section behind the garage. But, as I was doing the initial trimming with a weed eater, I spotted a brown mantis. And another. And another. I decided to let the wild things -- grasses, weeds and critters -- have that that area as their own. I have plenty of other places to mow.

Some years back, I visited a shop that specialized in welded art. One of the items was a statue, about five foot tall, of a female mantis eating a male. It was called "The Honeymoon."

Just discovered this thread this morning and have read all the posts. Fascinating!

I was so excited recently when I finally got all the junk moved and could mow the big section behind the garage. But, as I was doing the initial trimming with a weed eater, I spotted a brown mantis. And another. And another. I decided to let the wild things -- grasses, weeds and critters -- have that that area as their own. I have plenty of other places to mow.

Some years back, I visited a shop that specialized in welded art. One of the items was a statue, about five foot tall, of a female mantis eating a male. It was called "The Honeymoon."
Nice! What a fun discovery! They must like it over there. Were they very big?

I'm very curious what the statue looked like. Had to google but found this:
Screenshot_20210803-055849_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom