1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

pre-fab chicken coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Anny, May 27, 2008.

1. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. brookwoodpat

brookwoodpat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    The kingmill one is a model train item

3. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    Quote:It's true... mini model size... not even banties will fit in THERE! [​IMG]

4. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    oops I guess I should have payed more attention to that I'll remove it.

5. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

At those prices, you're better off buying an 8x8 shed at Lowes.

6. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Here's a chicken tractor made in Massachusetts. I don't know how well it would do in winter though!!!

www.chicktrac.com

7. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I just saw this in the raising chicks forum: Cedar Grove Products

I'm very tempted by the 4x6 model!

8. kkkkatie

kkkkatie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2008
    CT
    This one is made in the U.S: http://flyingcpoultrybarns.com/473/9301.html

I just received this, and started assembling it last evening, and it's easy to put together. I looked around online for months, as I wanted a prefabricated one (I know they're "easy to build", but for reasons beyond the scope of this post, I needed one that was attractive, and ready to use, save for pre-assembly), I finally found this one, and it had so many features that I liked. It has wheels (any other "quality" coops with wheels were a fortune), it has galvanized roofing, a mesh floor in the coop so you can hose the whole thing down no problem (cleanliness is big to me, as I have close neighbors), it has the wire predator skirt around the run, it's cute [​IMG], and it has the roosts inside, easy access to the egg boxes, and the whole thing, inside and out, comes weatherproofed. Sounds funny, but I was having trouble finding a coop that had all these things, and I didn't want to have to do major work. And to boot, they person who builds this is terrific to deal with, and quick to answer any questions I have. I will post pics when it's all put together. Highly recommended.

I almost bought the chick'n barn, but it just seemed flimsy, and definitely not weatherproofed, needed a floor, run, etc.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  9. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Very nice kkkkatie!

10. BlackSilkey

BlackSilkey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    The Dog kenels on the Ceader Grove Products look like thy would make nice coops jusy add 1/4 chicken wire over the chain link fence a roost and nest boxes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by