Predator deterrent Idea?

Mini Meat

Songster
5 Years
Nov 17, 2014
SF bay area (south bay)
My Coop
My Coop
I picked up a few cheap solar spot lights on sale at the hardware store to day and it got me thinking
roll.png

If I got some adhesive reflective tape, the red and white kind http://www.harborfreight.com/10-piece-reflective-tape-97562.html
and cut it into eye shapes and stuck it on to surfaces around the chicken yard and pointed the spot light at it from a distance that might simulate eyes of a predator looking back. Might give real predators a reason to avoid the area, especially if I made it portable and could move it around the yard easily. You could even cut them different sizes and group them together some red some white to give the illusion of depth and create "pack".

Could be a fun cheap project to fool around with.

I just caught two foxes inside my chicken coop...I was just going to shut my girls up for the night and could hear scratching. Imagine my shock when one fox ran past me and scaled the 6 foot fence and a couple of seconds later another one ran down the ramp of my coop and followed it. A few minutes later and I swear this story would be a sadder one but all my girls were asleep inside none the wiser. I feel a sleepless night coming on even though I have safely locked them up and barricaded the coop...I know they'll be back...help!!!
1f62a.png

I would recommend getting an electric fencer and putting it around the coop and run area (if you have one) where I am you can get them cheep at the co op or online,they're very easy to use all you do is put batteries in them and put out a wire and hook em up. Another option to consider is putting a 45 degree outwards angle at the top of the fence(as the cant climb up backwards)

I dont think I am allowed advertise other websites so pm me for a link to a useful page on how to stop foxes

Back
Top Bottom