Predator Identification

Not knowing where you live. If you have a game camera then you will know for sure and make a plan. It's not always easy to catch a predator in a trap and it will keep coming back. I love my cameras. I have electric wires around my coops and pens, concrete under the gates and good heavy duty netting covering the pens, all due to losses from predators in the past. Now I think the adult predators teach their young that a bird isn't worth getting zapped for. I have a very powerful fence charger and anything that touches the hot wires it will hurt for a couple of days. One night many years ago a bobcat killed 14 birds of my birds. Good luck...
Oregon. True. Thanks. Sad to hear about your birds Yeah that was my last comment about. We (girl) can only complain so much when (guy) does not take the time to put the equipment up he bought for $300+ 2 years ago. He has all electric fence supplies (he is an electrician and he set up my electric fence :), so I'm treating lightly on the "told you so" front. Likewise with the game cameras. He has (3) in a box for months but "no time" to put them up...I pointed out the area underneath the doors several time, but there was never time to pour concrete....This loss is tough on anybody that spend so much time on raising animals but protecting animals takes effort and dilligence and probably is never going to be perfect. Coons are smart, so the trap may not work but its good for the soul to try anyway.

I installed my electric wires myself as well as my cameras. We are old folks and DH has Parkinson's. Since I put up the electric wires, I've had no intrusions. I love the cameras because then I know what's lurking. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom