PREDATORS?? I THINK NOT

Phoenix rizing

Chirping
May 23, 2019
Is this is why I don't have that many predators the only one I have that gives my cat issues is a red fox and my cat fights with him constantly..
my chickens are undercover and in a roaming pain safe and sound from the fox but the pine marten and the ermine can get into their Coop so my cat takes care of those regularly and he's gotten up to eight so far or pine martin and 4 ermine
FB_IMG_1574433371647.jpg
These chickens I have are his babies since 1 day old he watched 4 were taken by fox he tried telling me what was up but until# 5 was almost taken (olliver saved her) all the fox got that time other than a pile of feathers AND a tuneup...LOL IMG_20190509_191422158_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
He's on patrol all night long

Awwww what a good kitty!! :love
Super good cat... since 1 day old 12 chicks unharmed until fox last month but my cat is an assassin of sorts to any living furred or feathered critter near his babies.. he was a concern until I saw he was helping me keep an eye on them free range and even helped heel em into coupe to coupe train and he'd alert me by yowling if things weren't as he thought they should be.. he watched 4 of his babies get taken by fox he was there each time trying to tell me even to the point of sitting near fox den to alert me.. that's how I found it... he saved one chicken from fox..lost 4 others tho..

Super good cat... since 1 day old 12 chicks unharmed until fox last month but my cat is an assassin of sorts r.i.p any living furred or feathered critter near his babies.. he was a concern until I sware he wad helping me keep agn eye in them free range and he'd alert me by yowling if things weren't as he thought they should be.. gre watched 4 of his babies get taken by fox he was there each time trying to tell me even to the point of sitting near fox den to alert new.. that's how I found it... he saved one chicken from fox..lost 4 others tho..

Wow he sounds like an amazing and rare kitty!! You and the chickens are lucky. :love

Is this is why I don't have that many predators the only one I have that gives my cat issues is a red fox and my cat fights with him constantly..
my chickens are undercover and in a roaming pain safe and sound from the fox but the pine marten and the ermine can get into their Coop so my cat takes care of those regularly and he's gotten up to eight so far or pine martin and 4 ermine
View attachment 1972816
These chickens I have are his babies since 1 day old he watched 4 were taken by fox he tried telling me what was up but until# 5 was almost taken (olliver saved her) all the fox got that time other than a pile of feathers AND a tuneup...LOLView attachment 1972822
He's on patrol all night long

Wow! Your cat is so brave to be that protective of it's chickens! so far, we've noticed the only predator(s) is the howling coyotes and we constantly check the property back fences for any holes, or where our pups tend to dig and refill the holes.

Thank goodness coy too big here to get in to coupe and roaming pen I made..
its frozen into ground so no digging can be done thank God.. if so viola...bloody paws..
only threat???... weasels and ollie has those under control for most part..knock on wood (I know cuz he leaves just the feet for me as proof) was horrified to find baby bunny feet one day but we won't go there.. ugh
..already have a ft of snow up here si chickens are chicken of snow and I can't afford shavings to just spread everyday on the snow for the whimps lol.. only duo that even I clean camper coupe (yup made back half of my 30 ft camper for a coupe

Thank goodness coy too big here to get in to coupe and roaming pen I made..
its frozen into ground so no digging can be done thank God.. if so viola...bloody paws..
only threat???... weasels and ollie has those under control for most part..knock on wood (I know cuz he leaves just the feet for me as proof) was horrified to find baby bunny feet one day but we won't go there.. ugh
..already have a ft of snow up here si chickens are chicken of snow and I can't afford shavings to just spread everyday on the snow for the whimps lol.. only duo that even I clean camper coupe (yup made back half of my 30 ft camper for a coupe

Back
Top Bottom