Predators on the prowl

We recently found the big dog of the pack dead in the road. Kinda sad but, at least my rooster has been partialy avenged!

"Whaho little overkill there"

What is the overkill? The dogs are "at large." They are threatening other animals on private property. The dogs' rights do not supersede the rights of other animals. We have an ethical right to protect our animals.

The most dangerous animal in North America is not the grizzly bear, the mountain lion, or the wolf. The most dangerous animal in North America is the feral dog. I live in a different part of the country where it is understood that if your dog roams it is liable to be shot. A pack of dogs is likely to get cleaned up in quick order. This is not because dogs are disliked around here. In fact, most people in this area own and love their dogs. It is because people recognize that roaming dogs are an intrusion on others' rights and a danger to stock (and potentially people as well).

As stated above, packed dogs are especially dangerous to children. They are as capable of killers as any wild canines of similar size, sans inhibitions toward people.

Sorry for your loss...

I burried a heavey gauge chain link fence and erected with landscaping timbers.... then added a electric fence around the top.

DSC04759.jpg

DSC04763.jpg

Back
Top Bottom