Preditors killing my chickens

I don't shut my pop doors at night, but I also have all of my pens covered with good heavy duty netting, electric wires around my coops and pens and concrete under the gates, all due to losses from predators in the past, lessons learned the hard way. I also have several game cameras up and see predators often on them, especially at night when they roam here. They know the electric wires are there and I believe that the adults teach their young that whatever is on the other side of the electric wires isn't worth getting a good zap for. Last night a coyote set off a camera 3 times walking around the coops. I have seen attempted digs but when the predator touches the electric wires they abort the attempt. Every evening when I go out to collect the eggs I take a meter out and check the current at the end so if I get good voltage I'm sure the rest is good too otherwise I look for any problems until my power is restored to what it should be which is around 11,000 volts. I want what ever touches the wires to know they are there. Good luck...
http://www.poultrydvm.com/featured-infographic/tips-for-protecting-poultry-from-predators
20210115_095548.jpg 20201129_133324.jpg

Back
Top Bottom