Pregnant Rabbit over due

BantyHugger

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Ponder
can they be late? I waited 34 days and still no kits. She grunts like she is pregnant and eats about 3 times as much as she used to. Should i be worried? This would be her first litter.
sad.png

PLEASE HELP!

Did you palpate her?

Have you watched her? Have her behavioral patterns changed at all, personality wise?

Do you have a nestbox in there? If so, has she gotten in it and arranged the stuff? Has she pulled any fur?

Does she hiss, scream, or growl when you go to pick her up?

Last edited:
Palpate her and see if you can feel anything.
Also sounds like you are feeding her too much - this will cause her to look pregnant.
If she is too fat then she more than likely won't get pregnant.

Try cutting back on feed. If she is a ND then she only needs 1/4 cup of feed, med breed 1/2 cup and large breeds get a cup. Then try putting her back in with the buck. Lots of luck
Amanda

Ok she has a nest box and moves the straw around. Her personality is definitely different, she growls now. I didn't palpate her but she whimpers/grunts if i touch her belly. I don't want to palpate her because she makes so much noise if i touch her belly. She hasn't pulled any hair though. Oh and she is a large breed. We believe she's Flemish Giant but she is probably just a mutt.

Gestation is anywhere from 28-32 days with an average of 30. So my guess is she isn't going to have any kits. Not that unusual if this was to be her first litter. Best bet is to try again. Be patient. And good luck.

One of my mini rex does on the first litter didn't give birth until 36 days. I took the box out because I was SURE she wasn't pregnant...then she had kits on the wire, and all but two died. =/

Back
Top Bottom