Pregnant rabbit

I don't think she is over weight he diet is pretty normal. Timothy Hay all the time , small bowl of pellets and 3 salads a week with some small fruit treats here. Her breed I don't know, she is 7mo old and no it was not on purpose my lop-eared escaped one day. I did plan on breeding but after she turned a 1yr

I don't think she is over weight he diet is pretty normal. Timothy Hay all the time , small bowl of pellets and 3 salads a week with some small fruit treats here. Her breed I don't know, she is 7mo old and no it was not on purpose my lop-eared escaped one day. I did plan on breeding but after she turned a 1yr
How much is a small bowl of pellets? if you give them very few pellets then they need greens daily. Over a year is generally older then you would want to breed most rabbits for the first time (you should wait that long for giant breeds)

About 1/8 cup and I did not know that , with the way this went I think I will be getting them both fixed. It just is very expensive here in IL so I will have to do 1 at a timen

Hello, my bunny gave birth for the first time 2 days ago to 1 deceased baby. She has not had anymore , but she still looks,and feels pregnant. What do I do? Could she still be pregnant or is she just have her baby fat
Plus she just start to nest again. She has pulled a larger amount of fur out then she did before

Can you gently feel around a bit for any babies? Sometimes, of there are any in there, gently moving them will help get them out if they are in a weird position or anything. If she still hasn't given birth I would guess that there aren't any left.

Could you get a picture of her vent?

This could be a false pregnancy. As long as she is eating and drinking normally and her vent is ok, then she should be alright and you'll just have to wait and see if she gives birth again.
If anything gets worse then I would call a vet.

Can you gently feel around a bit for any babies? Sometimes, of there are any in there, gently moving them will help get them out if they are in a weird position or anything. If she still hasn't given birth I would guess that there aren't any left.

This could be a false pregnancy. As long as she is eating and drinking normally and her vent is ok, then she should be alright and you'll just have to wait and see if she gives birth again.
I will go rub her belly right away as far as the picture I can try in the morning. I could try in the but thank you so much for that that response. She has had me worried sick..

Attachments

• IMG_20210613_102842632.jpg
    IMG_20210613_102842632.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 7
If it's been two days and she doesn't look like she's in distress, she probably only had the one kit. If she looks like she is in pain or distress, eating or drinking is off, then she might have one stuck inside, which would be best to take to a vet.

She could still be nesting because she still had hormones from being pregnant, those don't go away immediately. How did the stillborn kit look? Unfinished and blobby? Or fully formed? If unfinished she likely had it early for some reason, if fully formed it might have been bad luck or something was wrong with it. Rabbits are prey animals and clean up evidence of the birth, including dead kits. If you didn't have eyes on her the entire time it's also possible she had more than one kit and cleaned them up before you knew she had them.

First time moms don't usually do that great. The next litter (if you end up breeding again), she will probably do better.

How much does she weigh? I raise standard Rex and I was told to wait to breed until either 8 months or 8 pounds, whichever came first, so 7 months isn't that bad for a standard size rabbit. Generally mini sized can be bred earlier than that as they mature quicker, while giant breeds should wait longer.

Thank you that's what I was wondering my self. I was feeling her tummy and I didn't feel anymore . Also thanks for the rest of info, all very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom