Premiere one netting question

Beaker99

hillbilly extraordinaire
Mar 31, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
Our netting sags and I think it's shorting out. Before I go driving all over this state looking for fiberglass posts, is there a substitute I use that I might be able to find in my town?

At each corner, drive a stake in line with the netting and put a guy line (rope or heavy string, not metal) in line so you can tighten the top of the post. You can take out a lot of sag with that.

This one would be easier with a photo but here goes. Cut a tree limb maybe 12" to 18" long. Have a hook at the top where a limb was branching. Catch one of the horizontal wires with that hook and prop it up by putting the end of that support on the ground. It's not that hard to do when you try it. Or push that limb in the ground to support it that way. You may need to adjust the length of the limb. If you don't turn the power off you will get zapped.

If you don't have tree limbs you can use, get some 1" x 1" or 1" x 2" wooden strips, cut them to length, and screw in a screw to form the hook.

I have a couple of suggestions. We have very hilly terrain where our goats are, and our fence sags when we have to maneuver around things and up and down steep areas.

1) Pick up extra posts @ TSC for about $2 each and put those in saggy places

2) We actually take the top of the fence right next to the post and loop it over the top of the post. This makes a BIG difference, and it is ridiculously easy. Doesn't short anything out. The arrow points to the part I just lift up and loop over the post.

Inkedfence_LI.jpg

I bought some cheap step-in posts -- meant for supporting the electric tape, I think -- and use it as additional supports where needed.

You can see one in these photos.

0621221845d.jpg
0621221845c.jpg

Are you managing to keep the grass off it? I need to move mine and weedwhack it to the roots again tonight once it gets a little cooler.

Back
Top Bottom