Prep for keet arrival - questions

The one in the lower right here appears to be a Chocolate and as light as it is will likely be a male.
20220608_102255-jpg.3140799

Ok, @R2elk ,the 7 keets will be 3 wks tomorrow. I was more focused on their well being than anything else, so I haven't named them l. The problem w/that is that I cld remember "so and so is-" but w/o a so and so, I keep flipping back to descriptions & doubting myself on the colors. What they are isn't important but I'd kind of like to know what they are.
I did order specific colors w/o substitutes, if that matters. Will you please identify the colors? These photos are ofcourse from when they were days old. I haven't taken a 3 wk photo yet.

@R2elk -Ok, these were shortly after hatch, as you'll recall.
Tomorrow they'll officially be 3wks old. Aside from the blue and the midget There are 2 sets of look alikes- are they violets or pastels (lighter),slates or pewters? The off-white I still think is the blond given it's shading.
And the midget...chocolate or bronze? You're right, many are so close in resemblance at hatch that I was kind of scratching my head. Now I'm looking @Mixedflockenthusiast photos trying to decide who they look like.

I'm amazed by how fluffy they are. Before my keets have all been sleek. These look like they were just blow-dried. Likewise, U'm amazed by how much/how often they eat. Don't recall others eating so much. I trust that means they're healthy!
View attachment 3156363View attachment 3156369
Not 100% sure but still think violet and slate are most likely. FWIW, when my violet and slate keets were growing together, they looked very similar in their first sets of feathers as juveniles. In my juvie pic, I think that’s slate in the right and violet on the left at about 2 months. In the adult pic, slate is in front. My slate, violets, and pastel all really fade in the sun too.

Attachments

• E5A81347-E812-49F0-A2E8-76227B60D00A.jpeg
    E5A81347-E812-49F0-A2E8-76227B60D00A.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 1
  • A52D7E57-1162-4550-8578-0ED0B0BF81FB.jpeg
    A52D7E57-1162-4550-8578-0ED0B0BF81FB.jpeg
    691.9 KB · Views: 1
Not 100% sure but still think violet and slate are most likely. FWIW, when my violet and slate keets were growing together, they looked very similar in their first sets of feathers as juveniles. In my juvie pic, I think that’s slate in the right and violet on the left at about 2 months. In the adult pic, slate is in front. My slate, violets, and pastel all really fade in the sun too.
That's what I thought..the violets I was pretty sure of, bc I remember yours at one point being patchwork calico & gray, and that's what I'm starting to see. It seems like the more I read the descriptions at GF the more they started seeming the same.lol
Thanks, guys!

Back
Top Bottom