Preparing for threats of an intervention

Where do you get your cartons at?
I am a little embarrassed to say I am not even sure what our laws are pertaining to egg sales and cartons etc. I am sure if I were doing it more that out of my backyard I would know, right?
I am a bit of a reuse-reduce-recycle kind of gal and having costco barf out plastic cartons of everything out on a small island drives me crazy so I try my best to be a good example and steward and to malama our aina. So, I will def cringe to have to have them shipped in. I just gotta find some groovy people apparently.

Where do you get your cartons at?
I am a little embarrassed to say I am not even sure what our laws are pertaining to egg sales and cartons etc. I am sure if I were doing it more that out of my backyard I would know, right?
I am a bit of a reuse-reduce-recycle kind of gal and having costco barf out plastic cartons of everything out on a small island drives me crazy so I try my best to be a good example and steward and to malama our aina. So, I will def cringe to have to have them shipped in. I just gotta find some groovy people apparently.
I ordered from https://www.eggcartonsonline.com/ but I only buy my 18-ct from here. The 12-ct I get locally from TSC because they are super cheap there. I typically pay $.48/carton plus tax which rounds up to about $.50/carton.

However, I am ALSO a reduce-reuse-recycle person. We have FAR too much garbage on this planet that could and should be recycled. I blame Gillette...😂 (For those who are perplexed by this comment, Gillette was one of the first companies to commoditize disposable items.) I still collect and use recycled egg cartons but use them mostly for eggs that I'm giving away rather than the ones I sell.

Out of curiosity about how much do they charge if you don’t mind me asking? I currently don’t have Facebook or Insta and would need to make one to place an order or view their prices but I’m definitely interested. Though I would have to sell some layers to make room.
I paid $45/dz and then $20 shipping fee which was sent Priority Mail so $65 total.

The eggs I received were marked with a letter on the end. I figured this was in relation to the breed, but I asked for clarification. This is what she said:

For the letters, they're to let me know which coop they've come from.

F- Fibro. Our rooster in that coop is a Svart Hona, so their offspring have a chance at being fibro OEs (or Fibro chocolate).

O- primary OE coop
2- secondary OE coop
M-copper marans
J- Jubilee Orpington
S-Silverudd's
A-Ameraucana

I set the eggs last night in the incubator last night so I'm super excited to see what comes out! :) I've turned into the crazy chicken lady.... 😂

Last edited:
I paid $45/dz and then $20 shipping fee which was sent Priority Mail so $65 total.

The eggs I received were marked with a letter on the end. I figured this was in relation to the breed, but I asked for clarification. This is what she said:

F- Fibro. Our rooster in that coop is a Svart Hona, so their offspring have a chance at being fibro OEs (or Fibro chocolate).

O- primary OE coop
2- secondary OE coop
M-copper marans
J- Jubilee Orpington
S-Silverudd's
A-Ameraucana

I set the eggs last night in the incubator last night so I'm super excited to see what comes out! :) I've turned into the crazy chicken lady.... 😂
You are in a lot of good company 😄🤗

O- primary OE coop
2- secondary OE coop
M-copper marans
J- Jubilee Orpington
S-Silverudd's
A-Ameraucana

that sounds like a good price for the quality! I’m looking I’ll have to look at ordering some when I have room!

Just thought I'd let everyone know who might be curious about the Rainbow eggs. I'm on Day 10 and just candled them for the first time. Some of the olive eggers are exceptionally hard to see because of their coloring but I THINK 11 out of 12 eggs are fertile and growing. The only egg that appears clear is a Blue egg with brown speckles.... Assuming this is a Silverudd? I only received 2 eggs with this coloring... Hoping the other one makes it and is a hen! 🤞

Today is HATCH DAY!! :celebrate Candled at Day 7 and 11 of 12 were fertile. By the time I entered lockdown, 9 of 12 eggs were viable. Not bad. I attribute that to the great packaging care for shipment.

As of this morning, one chick has hatched. Two more are pipped. Another is zipping as we speak. The 3 eggs I want to hatch the most still haven't pipped yet. So hard to wait.... ha ha.

I am REALLY tempted to reach out to the breeder again and ask if she takes requests. I'd LOVE to get 3 hatching eggs each from her Jubilee Orpingtons, Silverudds, Copper Marans, and Olive Eggers.

I REALLY don't need more chickens though.....but they are SO PRETTY!!!!! :barnie

Today is HATCH DAY!! :celebrate Candled at Day 7 and 11 of 12 were fertile. By the time I entered lockdown, 9 of 12 eggs were viable. Not bad. I attribute that to the great packaging care for shipment.

As of this morning, one chick has hatched. Two more are pipped. Another is zipping as we speak. The 3 eggs I want to hatch the most still haven't pipped yet. So hard to wait.... ha ha.

I am REALLY tempted to reach out to the breeder again and ask if she takes requests. I'd LOVE to get 3 hatching eggs each from her Jubilee Orpingtons, Silverudds, Copper Marans, and Olive Eggers.

I REALLY don't need more chickens though.....but they are SO PRETTY!!!!! :barnie
You cannot do this and not update with pics!

Back
Top Bottom