Prepping for the new Arrivals

Nyghtengale

Hatching
Feb 15, 2015
I have until April to finish my coop and chicken yard, in preparation for my new chicks arrival. This "wonderful" winter weather has been delaying me in completing my coop conversion. I am happy to be here on Backyard chickens.com. I am the first of my generation to go back to keeping chickens. My grandparents on both sides had chickens and I can remember them when I was little. City regulations changed and my grandparents had to remove their chickens. I am planning a flock of Buckeye, Delawares and a smaller flock of silkies for my sons to begin showing in 4-H. I am looking forward to the community and knowledge gathered here.

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined the BYC "flock".

You've picked out some nice breeds for your flock! Silkies are very tame and gentle and should make great pets for your sons. Buckeyes and Delawares are both good, hardy heritage breeds of chicken.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

Good luck with your preparations, and your future chickens! You've chosen some great breeds to start out with.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I cannot wait, I want to be out working on my yard and coop, instead I am stuck inside due to the snow here in TN- talk about cabin fever..lol

Back
Top Bottom