Pressure canning question

Quote:
OMG I never thought of that, they will think I am so great...they love treats so that is a great idea....You are WONDERFUL missprissy
love.gif

One of my friends told me to add a "pea sized helping" of alum to each jar to keep them crunchy... I will be trying that theory this week...

You can get alum in the spices section of your grocery store.

From wikipedia: "Alum powder, found amongst spices at most grocery stores, is used in pickling recipes as a preservative, to maintain crispness, and as an ingredient in some play dough recipes. It is also commonly cited as a home remedy or pain relief for canker sores."

My grandma did the canker sore therapy thing. OUCH!!!

Hey good to know, I will def. get some before my next pickling project, I tried feeding my pickles to my chickens a little while ago like miss P suggested however out of my 16 chickens one tried it and turned her beak up at it, I just laughed and figured that maybe my cats will eat it if not someone will (squirrels or something) LOL You know it's bad when even the chickens won't eat it....
sickbyc.gif

Yeah if you don't tell them how would they figure it....I just am wondering what else I could do with them???luckily I only did half batches of each so i don't have too too many just a few jars....

Back
Top Bottom