Prettiest Rooster?

Sometimes, when I look at this guy, its a very pretty bunch of form and feathers I'm looking at. But mostly, he's just the nicest guy!
25976_mr_woof_on_compost_bin.jpg

His sons are all nice guys too:
25976_p140211_1150.jpg

I think it helps that one former son (troubled teenroo) picked off the top of his "fluff" scalp in a rooster fight (while we weren't looking), so now he has access to using his beautiful brown eyes:
25976_p190311_1846_01.jpg

For all their scary, monstrous claws and spikey looks, many people refer to their "evil Silkies" as sweethearts. I've met a few really nice pet Silkie roo's. In our yard, the roosters he made by mating with the smooth feathered Rosecomb hen were small, pretty, soft to pet and 90% of them have been sweethearts. My neighbor has a red Silkie roo, his offspring with a black hen are striped red/black Silkie roo's, and sweethearts.

How about a Polish bantam frizzle? He's pretty small, and I think he's DYNOMITE!
lol.png

23665_polishchicken.jpg

His name is PJ, and he thinks he's as big as any large fowl!

My blue cochin roo is 21 weeks. I live in a neighborhood with an HOA so my chickens are a "secret" He hasnt started crowing, and actually I just noticed his featering looked completly different than the females lol. Hes very slow to mature so I am hoping, he never crows
fl.gif
I really want to keep him!!! So here are some pics of my 1 & only ever rooster!! lol

love.gif

68748_21wksboycochin.jpg

68748_20wks4.jpg

Quote:
Chicmom, that little rooster is adorable!
love.gif

Aww, thank you! He is something else. He can chase away a large fowl rooster when he gets worked up! And you should see him run after the large hens, when they come into his bantam coop! HILARIOUS!

Quote:
Chicmom, that little rooster is adorable!
love.gif

Aww, thank you! He is something else. He can chase away a large fowl rooster when he gets worked up! And you should see him run after the large hens, when they come into his bantam coop! HILARIOUS!

The running after the big girls sounds familiar, but unlike your rooster, this little guy finally admitted defeat to the big rooster whose hens he'd been chasing. They had a stare down one day and little Cas (Casanova) backed down and sulked back to his own hens.

Casanova (Black Tailed Red OEGB - I think. He was traded to me as a BB Red, but I'm reasonably certain that's not what he is)
53351_casanova.jpg

Big Daddy (who won the day. lol! - He's a red sex-link cross of some kind that was given to us a few years ago by a friend when we lost our only rooster (at the time - I've got more than enough roosters now. lol!) to a neighbor's dog)
53351_sdc10800.jpg

Hop-a-Long (my red silkie rooster who, unfortunately, passed away earlier this year due to unknown causes)
53351_sdc10671.jpg

I've got more pretty roosters (actually, I've rarely seen a rooster that I would consider ugly, but I've seen some I liked better than others), but I need to get some better pictures of them. The pics of my other OEGB rooster tend to be kind of blurry; my brabanter roo always runs away from the camera, and I just haven't gotten around to taking one of Casanova's son Edgar (OEGB x Cochin). I actually think I like Cas' son better than him for sheer gorgeousness, plus his son has yet to attack my ankles. I may replace Cas as the top bantam rooster before long. I keep threatening to get rid of him every time he jumps at my feet (I was really only keeping him around because he's such a nice shade of red), but now I actually have an excellent replacement candidate. *rubs hands together and chuckles evilly*

those are some very beautiful roosters you have their. i my self have ony two. a black ameraucana and a white leghorn. both beautiful.

WOW!! THANKS FOR ALL THE PICTURES GUYS! Feel free to post more!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
And my oh my, those are some lovely roosters you all have. I really wish i could keep one, darn things are too loud though :[ And Chicmom, i love that frizzle your boy has going on there! GORGEOUS
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom