pretty please! any help with the roo/pullet guessing game? (photo heavy)

Hannah11

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 11, 2012
Bluff, New Zealand
Hey everyone these are my 'little' chicks i keep guessing what they are but I really have no idea..... so your educated guesses would be a fab help!

some double ups in the photos... i can't tell the difference between a few of the white ones
hmm.png
Now that I have put the pics up I realize I have 5 white chick photos.... funny because I only have 4 white chicks, minus elvis.

little elvis (a bit of a runt but has cool blue suede shoes)Chick 1

Nugget, bit chubby.... chick 2

white chick 3 (scruffy)

White chick 4

Spot, Chick 5

Stripe chick 6

white chick 7

white chick 8

token chick 9

These chicks are almost 8 weeks, I think
roll.png

oh i forgot, these are all little mutts... mothers are mixed bantams and the guy I got them off said he had four roo's... so they could all be different mutts! so if anyone sees any major breed markers id love to know :) justs for interests sake!

Oh no, the only pullet I see is Chick 2...

hide.gif

The white ones look like White Plymouth Rocks, except Chick 1. And Chick 9 (NOT Chick 8!) looks like an Easter Egger with a single comb. No idea on the others, but Chick 2 is adorable!

Last edited:
Ohhhhh Nooooooo.......... that can't be! oh well I did suspect a few were roos I have seen a lot of play fights, sorry but I so hope you are wrong, you can't even give roos away for free around here!
i hope number 2 is a pullet she's my little baby.... the photo of her is in my greenhouse/vege garden i let her eat and play in there as a treat
roll.png

I did think one of the roos i saw was a Plymouth Rock

I have lots of roos and they all get along no problems. I do put the hens up in the spring so they aren't overwhelmed by the roos, but no other problems.

2 is a pullet and 7 might be, but check out those legs.........

You'll just need a bachelor pad for the boys. Make sure the hens aren't overwhelmed. With no girls to fight over most boys get along with a minimum of fighting.

Back
Top Bottom