pretty sure it's a boy but not sure on the breed?

4acresNachick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
this was one of the last chicks I got this summer. It took about 4 months buying and researching but I'm very happy with the breeds and temperaments of my mixed flock. I've had him(?) for 2 months now. He is around 5 months old. No crowing yet and is slightly smaller then my 6month old EE mix pullets. So the question is what is he? I've been looking and think he is an Ameraucana mix but I wanted to ask. I'm still so new to raising chickens..so any help would be great. Thanks!
87110_2011-10-22_15-02-52_658.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you that he's probably an Ameraucana mix, because of his leg color and his comb.......He's a pretty rooster. Not sure what other breed he has in him though.......

Thanks for the quick response! I agree he is pretty and he so far has a great temperament for being a good rooster for my flock. I can't wait to see how he matures. i had to cull our first rooster because even at 7months old he was proving to be really, really aggressive with people. I'm hoping for better luck with this little guy who we are calling Carlos (my 5yr old daughter named him!)

Could be an EE mix, but I dont see any muffs. Also, his comb looks like a wyandottes, not really a pea comb. Where did you get him? If it was somebody that had a mixed group of mixes, no telling whats in there! Pretty boy though!

Maybe a mix of EE and Partridge Wyandotte...

It's safe to just call him an EE, they're a pretty mixed crowd anyway, and you're not looking for him to lay you a colored egg
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom