Previous post, but fits w/ new "funny chicken story" posts :)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by crtrlovr, Sep 3, 2008.

1. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

It went like this: The Enemy (crtrlovr) takes lunch plate with slice of meatloaf and slice of bread to the back patio for lunch al fresco. The three teams were: Alpha Team -- Their mission: circle around Left flank and stand ready. Bravo Team -- Their mission: distract the enemy with tomfoolery and antics. Charlie Team -- Their mission: circle around right flank and stand ready. All teams completed strike with military precision. Bravo team distracts. Alpha team grabs bread. Charlie team grabs meatloaf. All teams disperse from strike zone to meet at designated coordinates. The Enemy (aka crtrlovr) trudges into house to find something else for lunch...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] Love it!

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Dontcha hate it wen they make you feel stupid? [​IMG]

4. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Great team work!
    Something tells me if more humans knew how interesting and smart chickens can be they'd have more respect for them!
    Hope you found something for lunch [​IMG]
    JJ

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Ok, have you seen the movie "Chicken Run" ? I'd be checking their coops and places they hang out for evidence of more covert operations.
    If you haven't seen the movie, apparently the chickens have [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. crtrlovr

I haven't seen the movie; apparently I should put that on my list so I'll be aware of their tactics next time... [​IMG]

7. crtrlovr

I've figured it out: in my other post about my Rocky roo's wing -- He must have sprained it giving Sarge the high 5 for hatching the meatloaf/bread stealing plan... [​IMG]

8. crtrlovr

BTW: I'm assuming meatloaf (although not on their daily menu) isn't going to bother them. It did have some onion but not a lot, and fortunately I didn't have a large portion on my plate. It was enough to go around to several beaks, though.... [​IMG]

9. sunshineinsc

sunshineinsc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    columbia,sc
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOL!!

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ha ha ha! Great story! I love how your chickens are named Rocky and Sarge, too! [​IMG]

We need pics of the culprits!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by