Price of peafowl

jhm47

Songster
11 Years
Sep 7, 2008
Went to a bird/animal auction in MN today, and watched a mature, breeding India Blue peacock sell for $190. A mature white peacock sold for $160. Most any run of the mill peafowl sold for nearly $100.

Wow, I would like to find some for $20. Around here plain blues and black shoulder go for $30-$50 for young birds. $50-$125 for adults. Greens, pied, and white I'm not sure about. I can't even really find any close by for sale.

Of course now that I'm breeding peafowl I'm sure the price will drop drastically one them. LOL !! Seems like that's how it always goes.

Auction can alway be odd ,have seen blues sell for 180.00, and just about any peafowl breeder would sell them for less.

I gave two '09 peacocks away last week, I had to catch them and even delivered them.

They killed my turkey hen and I was so angry that I could have shot them, I chose the better route and that was to give them away. I wouldn't sell them because I didn't want them on my property a minute longer than necessary.

They were like juvenile delinquents, their mother was pushing them away and they turned mean. I have no clue if that's normal behavior or if I had a rogue batch.
roll.png

I have to say I got a pretty good deal on 4 I bought 2 years ago.$150 for all and they weren't babie's.Sadly GRRRRRRRR GRRRRRRR neighbor dogs think got my 2 white hen's and India split (dog's are in doggie heaven now TG), Fox got my split black shoulder.My white male was scratching on the dirt road and some idiot lady plowed him over going about 60 when she should have been going 25 and WE have animal crossing signs up.She didnt even bother to ask about the pea which died that night.
rant.gif
.I got 2 babies free too and for some reason the one India mix just died at 6 month's old in sheltered coop with a cameo hen.I gave up and just sold the Cameo for $50.I won't get anymore Pea's here unless have some kind of covered aviary for them.Lot of area's here have fox and coyote's and other's don't.Some people free range and never have any problem's.I loved mine and cried a river over them and feel so bad cause they seemed so happy just roosting in the tree's and stuff.Maybe someday I will be able to afford a few more and have a good set up for them.Glad I didn't invest in the BEAUTIFUL Pied's the guy had
hit.gif
.Miss those pea's.
sad.png

49477_new_babies_003.jpg

49477_new_babies_009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom