Price Point?

19disbre

Chirping
Jan 26, 2015
I am thinking I am going to raise black broilers, red rangers, and cornish crosses to sell at some farmers market I think I am going to sell the CX's for 3.99 a lb the BB 4.99 and RR 5.99 what do you guys sell your Meat birds for? Is this a good pricing? Or maybe all at 3.99 or 4.99 and then I will have something like buy 3 or more get 1 dollar per pound off

Last edited:
Before investing in birds, you have a whole lot of homework to do! Your State department of Agriculture, USDA, County health rules.
Different states have different license parameters for selling poultry (ie- per year 1. From 1 to 1000 chickens processed and sold from your location, 2. from 1 to 19,999 chickens with USDA approved processing for off-site sales.
Where and Who are your potential markets?
Processing facility- at home? or hired?
Feed costs- per bag? per ton?
Time for labor?
Space and housing considerations for anticipated number of birds?
You cannot anticipate per pound charges until you have a better knowledge of all associated expenses, and what your goals are.

If u have no chicken experience I would start slow with a few and work up. With no experience and starting with say 100 Cornish x that could get overwhelming real fast.

Before investing in birds, you have a whole lot of homework to do! Your State department of Agriculture, USDA, County health rules.
Different states have different license parameters for selling poultry (ie- per year 1. From 1 to 1000 chickens processed and sold from your location, 2. from 1 to 19,999 chickens with USDA approved processing for off-site sales.
Where and Who are your potential markets?
Processing facility- at home? or hired?
Feed costs- per bag? per ton?
Time for labor?
Space and housing considerations for anticipated number of birds?
You cannot anticipate per pound charges until you have a better knowledge of all associated expenses, and what your goals are.

I have all of that figured out

Quote:
Welcome to BYC. Great to have you. You won't know what you are looking for yet so just choose a few of each and find out the best for you. Better luck with CX? Buy more of them. Pros and cons on all of them. It also depends on where your from. An area that will pay that much is great. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom