Price Problems?

I'm not actually going to sell them. Because my dad believes that there is no profit and that $21 a year to run an incubator 24/7 is too much money.:rant And I want to beg the differ to him and by the looks of it, my purebred Jersey Giants are the best at the job, they lay the most, have the best hatch rate, and are the most favored. :weeAnd besides, because of COVID-19, I can't go to school and I need to educate myself.
I really think your plan is solid. I worry about the cost of running an incubator and brooder.
But I focus on pure breed birds to make any money at all.
If you like JGs, focus on them. They are a great breed. I've had blacks, whites and blues. Perhaps you can expand and go that route.

I really think your plan is solid. I worry about the cost of running an incubator and brooder.
But I focus on pure breed birds to make any money at all.
If you like JGs, focus on them. They are a great breed. I've had blacks, whites and blues. Perhaps you can expand and go that route.
I am planning on doing that in ten years or so. I just don't want to go to much into it, thirteen chickens are enough so far. In four years if everything goes right, I will graduate school and immediately go to college (I'm gonna be a cook!) My parents don't give a lick about the chickens so I will have to rehome them before I go. When I grow up, I am going to breed and raise a ton of chickens though. :celebrate

In my post, I meant that I worry about my own electricity costs.
By the time you are ready, there will be much more electrically efficient ways to brood chickens.
We already have things like Premier 1 heat plates that will pay for themselves in electricity savings in the course of a single brooding.
You have plenty of time. Good luck to you.

In my post, I meant that I worry about my own electricity costs.
By the time you are ready, there will be much more electrically efficient ways to brood chickens.
We already have things like Premier 1 heat plates that will pay for themselves in electricity savings in the course of a single brooding.
You have plenty of time. Good luck to you.
Thanks! Ps- I just finished calculating food cost, incubation cost, and heat lamp cost and found that the remaining amount is close to 30$ profit if sold on the first day. I am too unintelligent for this... going to sleep soon, my brain is bleeding. :th:caf(maybe I should make a post about chick profit?)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom