1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Privett breeds

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by embkm, Apr 9, 2009.

1. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    I just found out yesterday that my TSC where I got my bantam babies gets their chicks from Privett. I have been trying to look on their website to find out what bantam breeds they offer so I can try to guess what I have. But the website keeps saying the online catalog isn't available. Does anyone know what they offer?

2. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    Sorry, I can't tell you what all they have. Their online catalog has been messed up for several weeks. The last time I ordered from them (last year), they had a pretty good variety of bantums. Make a list of what you are looking for and give them a call. I had a good experience ordering from them. Good luck to you.

3. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Yea they are really nice, call them.... or post pics of your chicks here.... so many here can tell just looking at the chicks....

Good luck!

Nancy

4. terri9630

terri9630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    New Mexico
    My feed store orders from Privett and they have always recieved healthy chicks. The feed store manager is going to special order some for me when he places the next order, but said it would be May before they came in. He said that when he called in the order he was told the hatchery was behind and trying to catch up.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i got mine from a feed store last year and they came from privett...all were very healthy....

6. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    I ordered from Privett around 8 years ago. They had good birds then and still have good birds from what I hear. You should post some pictures.

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Here are pics of my chicks from TSC- they are all doing well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the little one on the right in this shot

8. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    Our feed store orders from Privett. And my chicks arrive this week. Everything looks really healthy so far, including the 5 blue silkies that we ordered. They receive different breed shipments each day so I've been down there every morning to get mine. (I ordered a few of each) So far I've only seen one bird in a brooder that was definitely not going to make it. And they said they've had less than a handful of DOA.

To see their breeds try doing a search of "privett catalog." I couldn't access it on their site either but someone had it downloaded to their own site and it came up in the search.

9. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    I know the one with the spot is a barred rock, love them. The others I'm not sure.

10. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    Thanks Briteday. I did the search and at least found a list of what they offer. So I have a starting place to look and see what my babies match up with. I wish I could post pics, but my computer is a pain and won't let me download them from my camera. (If anyone knows of a way to get them strsight from the camera to the internet without saving on the computer, let me know please!)

They are about a month old already and are doing great. They grow up so fast, now I just have to figure out what they are!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by