Privett Hatchery

It depends on what your intended purpose is for what you want. You get what you pay for. Show quality birds do not come from hatcheries. Decent utility and pet grade birds do. Privett is just as good as others if utility is what you are seeking.

They have lousy customer service. They can be very rude & nasty on the phone. I will never buy from them again.
somad.gif

Their customer service is probably the worst part. But also, every single time I've ordered sexed pullets (3 years in a row now) I've gotten some cocks in the bunch, every time. So I end up paying for something I can't use. And they are not as generous as other hatcheries about putting extras in the box, just in case. And with this last batch this year, I ordered 6 RIW, got 1 boy in the bunch, and of the 5 remaining pullets only 3 are laying at 7 months of age.

Welp hatchery drop ships from Privett, and includes shipping in the price. It's quite a good deal, I think. We had a group order come in in August, from New Mexico to Alaska with no losses. I am happy enough with the quality of my Orloffs, and I also hear they may be one of the better sources for hatchery Delawares.

Not sure about there chickens but over 70% of my BBW trkeys ended up with twisted leg.. so I personally wont be ordering from them again...

I agree with everything that everyone else posted, looks like we have all had the same experiences.

They're birds are OK, non Great, not Bad

They never return emails

They're snotty on the phone

They never sent my pricelist with I requested one via email and over the phone.

They didnt sent me any extras

I also ordered 8 RIW pullets, one of them was a roo and then hens took forever to lay

And the only reason I placed the order to begin with was becuase they had Buff rocks and about two months after I ordered them they called and told me they were sold out of the buff rocks, so I subbed it for Buff Orps, two of which either were Buff Rocks or were just yellow legged.

So with this many simialar problems to this many of us, I know they dont deserve my business anymore, and personally dont think they deserve yours or anyone elses. I have never ordered from Welp, but I've been told they are much nicer and like someone said, they drop ship from privett and have all the same stuff, so if I wanted something that privett has, I would pay just a little more and buy it through Welp instead of dealing directly with Privett again.

I'm pretty sure Ideal also has everything Privett has and then some and they should be better to deal wih too.

But so far I have been most happy with Ordering from Cackle as far as service and quality of their birds, so if Cackle has what you are looking for, I would suggest going with them.

Back
Top Bottom