Probios with municipal water

Some people grow kefir in water. I do not, I use milk. I use whole milk because that is what I put in my tea, but you can use whatever is cheapest. Even mix up powdered milk. It's good for you, and good for the chooks.
I’m going to look into this. Thank you!

I chose to get water delivery for my chickens. I only have 7 at the moment, so five 3 gal jugs per month is the perfect amount. It costs about $30/mo. here in Michigan. It might be worth looking into if you're very concerned about your city water's affect on probiotics.

i give my birds pure RO water but if you want it to be even safer you can make a carbon filter fairly easy with a milk jug. Put a spout in a bucket/jug and fill it up with crushed charcoal (not the chemical barbecue stuff) and pour water in let it sit for a few hours and open the spout.

I chose to get water delivery for my chickens. I only have 7 at the moment, so five 3 gal jugs per month is the perfect amount. It costs about $30/mo. here in Michigan. It might be worth looking into if you're very concerned about your city water's affect on probiotics.
I have around 30 chickens in a couple coops. Wouldn’t be very cost effective for me to do this.

i give my birds pure RO water but if you want it to be even safer you can make a carbon filter fairly easy with a milk jug. Put a spout in a bucket/jug and fill it up with crushed charcoal (not the chemical barbecue stuff) and pour water in let it sit for a few hours and open the spout.
I know that works for chlorine, chloramine from my understanding is harder to get rid of.

I know that works for chlorine, chloramine from my understanding is harder to get rid of.
google research shows that RO does indeed remove chloramine. I would give it a shot as its probably the most cost affective way that youll have for a long time instead of buying water specifically for chickens.

google research shows that RO does indeed remove chloramine. I would give it a shot as its probably the most cost affective way that youll have for a long time instead of buying water specifically for chickens.
This is what I’ve been leaning heavily towards doing. I’m going to do a bit more research on it.

Back
Top Bottom