Problem drake

a.graham52

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2018
Hey guys, first post....
I have 6 ducks, 3 Anconas and 3 cayugas, one drake each. Lately we have had a leg issue with our Ancona (white) drake. We would bring him in the house for a few days and he would get better. Put him back out and within a day he would be limping again. Well today I noticed our black drake is not leaving our white drake alone. Constantly following him around and being territorial.

I have come to understand we have 1 drake too many but I don't know yet if I want to get rid of either.
Recommendations before I end up with 5 ducks?

For your drake with the limping leg: Give him some Liquid B-complex(@Miss Lydia) can help you with the amounts and where to get it! It has been working great this year so lets hope so with your little man! For the drake dominance.....I would re home one of the drakes or wait till the drake that is limping is better and see how they do.

Is the drake limping due to the other drake is that what you are suggesting? Sounds like you need more ducks or less drakes.
Maybe give the duck who is limping a little more rest time, but it sounds
Like they are fighting which is causing the issue. If you want to keep both drakes, maybe add just two more females to the flock to see if that helps. But, it might not. :confused:
How old is your flock?

Back
Top Bottom