problem shooter

carmean18

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2015
Ohio
Two times I have had about 40 out of 48 eggs develope till the end and only had ten one time and nine the other and I want to buy Marana eggs to hatch and I need a better hatch rate what is aking it go south. Anything that could affect this

Two times I have had about 40 out of 48 eggs develope till the end and only had ten one time and nine the other and I want to buy Marana eggs to hatch and I need a better hatch rate what is aking it go south. Anything that could affect this
There are a lot of things that could. What kind of incubator are you using, (forced or still air.) What are your temps? Are you using more than one thermometer and have they been checked for accuracy? What is you humidity during incubation (the first 17 days.) What is humidity for lockdown and hatch? Do you check your air cells? Are they being turned during incubation? There's always the quality of eggs too, but more often than not it usually boils down to humidity and temp.

I have this forced air invubator that is 48 eggs and automatic and is a great one but user failure and last time I have 40 candles and developed but only 10 hatch the temp fell for like a few hours durin lock down and the humidity 1-18 was 45 and hatching was about 60. I have never used another thermometer and It turns 12 times a day. The air cells seemed fine though..

I have this forced air invubator that is 48 eggs and automatic and is a great one but user failure and last time I have 40 candles and developed but only 10 hatch the temp fell for like a few hours durin lock down and the humidity 1-18 was 45 and hatching was about 60. I have never used another thermometer and It turns 12 times a day. The air cells seemed fine though..
My first hatch I went into lockdown with 17 active eggs and ended up with one survivor that hatched day 24. I only used one (brand new) thermometer and found out after the hatch it was 6 degrees off. I now use three thermometers. I could not believe my brand new thermometer was that far off. Anyhow, I always recommend at least two.
45% the first 17 days is a fair number. I prefer higher humidity at hatch. The recommended is at least 65%, I, personally shoot for 75%.

I'd start by checking the thermometer and see what that tells me, and maybe check the hygrometer. If your thermometer is lower than it's actually reading, that is one possibility.

Back
Top Bottom