Problem with egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kylara70, Aug 11, 2010.

1. kylara70

kylara70 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    I have an Ameraucana cross (EE) that is laying a white egg with blood in the yolk. It is not a spot of blood but rather blood inside the yolk. It is slightly redder than the surrounding (very yellow) yolk. It gives the egg a slightly different flavor than the other ones which do NOT have this blood. (meaning that some of her eggs do not have blood in them and taste fine). They are not sitting for any length of time so they are not going bad.

Any suggestions on what to do about these weird eggs (besides just throwing away the bad ones)? I would like to fix whatever is wrong for the chickens sake as well as my sake.

2. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    Go to the disease site, a lot of very experienced chick owners hang out there.......I think it may be something to do with her age, she is just starting to lay, right? her system may balance out and this will stop. Haven't had this happened myself and I can't remember what I have read about it. Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by