Problems on hatch day

Alvinf22

Hatching
Feb 10, 2024
Hi everyone, so im using two incubators the little giant still air and the smart incubator. All the eggs in the smart incubator Have hatched. I have 5 in the little giant that I started on the same day as the other. The ones in the little giant have big saddle air pockets and are not chirping. I put peep holes in the 5 to see if they were still alive, and they are, but the membrane looks very dry and tight to them. I put a small piece of wet paper towel over the peep holes I made, one in each. I don't know where to go from here. Please help...

Hi everyone, so im using two incubators the little giant still air and the smart incubator. All the eggs in the smart incubator Have hatched. I have 5 in the little giant that I started on the same day as the other. The ones in the little giant have big saddle air pockets and are not chirping. I put peep holes in the 5 to see if they were still alive, and they are, but the membrane looks very dry and tight to them. I put a small piece of wet paper towel over the peep holes I made, one in each. I don't know where to go from here. Please help...
Hello! How long has it been since the eggs pipped?

I'd move the eggs into the other incubator ASAP and hope for the best.

Was that hatch exactly 21 days or earlier? There is a temperature difference between the two incubators. The smart hatch is either spot on or high and the temp in the still air is definitely too low.

Still airs are cold on the bottom where the eggs are. You have to set them higher by more than a degree if taking the temp at top. Whatever you are getting for a reading just know it's low and set it higher by 1,5 to 2 degrees F.

I'd move the eggs into the other incubator ASAP and hope for the best.

Was that hatch exactly 21 days or earlier? There is a temperature difference between the two incubators. The smart hatch is either spot on or high and the temp in the still air is definitely too low.

Still airs are cold on the bottom where the eggs are. You have to set them higher by more than a degree if taking the temp at top. Whatever you are getting for a reading just know it's low and set it higher by 1,5 to 2 degrees F.
Thank you that's good information I did not know that

Back
Top Bottom