Problems with homemade incubator thermostat..

TinyTotsSeramas

Songster
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
Smithsburg
We we made a homemade incubator but the light with the thermostat doesnt kick on until the incubator gets down to 84*F and doesnt kick on until 105*F..
What can we do to get it to kick on sooner but kick off later an maintain the 99.5*F temp we need?

Quote:
Thank you! my husband said he will do that tomorrow morning! I hope I get this down before next saturday! Their having Chickenstock in the next state over an I want to get eggs!!

I'm not sure what kind of incubator you have, mine is out of an old rubbermaid cooler, I drilled a hole in it then placed a screwdriver through the hole so I can make adjustments on my thermostat. Also when you make adjustments in temperature make very suttle turns. If you turn the dial too much it will go way up or down. I just barely make it move.

Quote:
Its a syrafoam cooler.I have it turned up all the way an I get it to 99*F but then it kicks off an goes down to 93*F.. Im going to mount it through the cooler tomorrow after my husband drills the holes in it.. But Im kind of thinking it might not even be worth it because It's not keeping temp very well...

Back
Top Bottom