problems with "insert image" icon on "my page" editor!! please help!!!

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Msbear, May 22, 2008.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I copied the link on photobucket, then pasted on the the insert image uploader. The photo is displayed on the preview page but with a small red "X" on the upper left-hand side. Whenever I click "insert", the pic disappears and only the "x" and my description made it to the page. Whaz up?

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Are you using the direct link code?

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    No, I'm using the HTML code. Thanks, Erin

4. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Did you get it to work now?

5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    No, that's what I've been doing. There is a red "x" on the previews screen and my image is displayed below, then I click insert and only the x remains. -the image disappears with no error code or anything. Thanks so much, Erin

6. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I don't know what more to tell you. I just added a pic to one of my pages using the Direct link in photobucket. You are putting it in the image URL spot and filling in the image description and title right?

7. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Yeah, I did some troubleshooting on photobuckets website and apparently my firewall is not allowing it. Of course, things always have to be a real pain in the #$%

thanks so much for your help. Lets see if this works after some reconfiguring:)

8. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Good luck! Those firewalls are pains!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by