Problems with iOS

Jester57

Songster
Nov 13, 2021
I’ve been having several issues with BYC when I try to post on an iOS device. For example, I’m posting this on my iPad, and just now it completely went out of what I was trying to post. That means the keyboard on my iPad goes away, and I can’t enter anything. When I try, it’s very iffy as to whether or not I will be able to actually post, or it will reject me and make me keep tapping.

Another issue, and this is a fairly minor one, but still very annoying, when I paste something, it always adds a return to the front of what I’m posting, so I have to backspace virtually every entry I make on my iPhone. In addition, when touching to get in an active screen, it very frequently wall, intermittently display the paste, select commands, flashing them on and off, but not allowing me to actually do anything. I don’t know if the rest of you are having problems like this, but it seems to happen on both my iOS devices I used to access BYC.

I don’t believe this is an update problem, as I’m currently using iOS 16.05. Anyone else having similar problems?

On iOS, I'm using the app. I don't know what browser serves as the backbone of the app.
Don't use the BYC app. It has been abandoned for some time and is known to be full of bugs and non-working features. Staff recommends the BYC progressive app instead, or just hit it on your browser directly if you're using a tablet.

I’ve been having several issues with BYC when I try to post on an iOS device. For example, I’m posting this on my iPad, and just now it completely went out of what I was trying to post. That means the keyboard on my iPad goes away, and I can’t enter anything. When I try, it’s very iffy as to whether or not I will be able to actually post, or it will reject me and make me keep tapping.

Another issue, and this is a fairly minor one, but still very annoying, when I paste something, it always adds a return to the front of what I’m posting, so I have to backspace virtually every entry I make on my iPhone. In addition, when touching to get in an active screen, it very frequently wall, intermittently display the paste, select commands, flashing them on and off, but not allowing me to actually do anything. I don’t know if the rest of you are having problems like this, but it seems to happen on both my iOS devices I used to access BYC.

I don’t believe this is an update problem, as I’m currently using iOS 16.05. Anyone else having similar problems?
I couldn’t type a coherent sentence earlier today. Kept spellchecking to bizarre words and ending sentences.

Better off using the website, it’s less buggy, and the app is pretty much just a website turned into an “app” anyways. They’re identical, just that one is buggier than the other. :)

Back
Top Bottom