1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Processed, Ready to Cook, Organic Heritage Turkeys for Christmas 2014 or New Year 2015

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by desertmarcy, Sep 11, 2014.

1. desertmarcy

desertmarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    Tucson
    I have one organically grown holiday heritage turkey left unpromised. Heritage turkeys are $7.50 per pound processed weight and include giblets (heart, gizzard, and liver) and detached neck in body cavity. This is a 6-month old tom and will weigh in at approximately 13 pounds, plus or minus.

If you want an email file with ideas on brining, let me know and I will email it to you, as that is the best way to prepare a heritage turkey.

On a side note, I process chickens pretty much year around and have frozen birds available, both young and older males plus stewing hens. Contact me if you want a fresh bird and I'll let you know when I next process. Price on chickens is $5/pound. As with the turkeys, they have been fed certified organic feed since hatch.

Thanks you for supporting your local grower,

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by