Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

Here is one of them:

I can't find part 1 of the study. And there was another where the control groups and etc were very detailed if I can find it. Another lady on this forum posted a couple of links as well (which is what got me started on my reading journey.)

http://lan.sagepub.com/content/31/1/1.full.pdf

Even IF the brain is capable of processing pain and fear for the last 20-30 seconds before death, that is the ABSOLUTE LEAST of the worries of a lab animal kept for testing purposes!

There is a big difference in using chemicals to sedate a lab animal before killing and using the same chemicals for a food animal.

A quick brain death through brain trauma, cervical dislocation, cervical severing, or even a quick slice of the major blood supply to the brain are all the best death you can give a food animal.

".......that is the ABSOLUTE LEAST of the worries of a lab animal kept for testing purposes! "

TOTALLY agree with you on that one! Boy oh boy - there were so many studies that I read and I just wanted to cry!

Sorry I don't know how to use the quote feature. :)

Last edited:
I don't know that there is any way to possibly insure that the animal will feel absolutely no pain unless you go to the vet and have it put to sleep with the proper injection...at which time I wouldn't eat the bird.

I've had ether before surgeries before and it was entirely unpleasant...a smothering feeling and a nausea. After I was asleep my body went into spasms and they had to remove my two front teeth and pry open my jaws to do the surgery. There really is no way to insure a 100% stress free, no thrashing around, no movement at all, no body stress or no pain receptors working in any kind of killing of an animal.

I was quite impressed when I had to put my sweet ol dog down and how quickly the medicine worked, so peacefully she went into repose...and then I read horror stories from other people about their experiences with having animals put down and how the animals thrashed and went into respiratory distress. I guess I was just lucky.

There comes a point when over thinking the whole process becomes worse than the actual process. It's all a gamble and folks usually just do the best they can do and then rest on that. That's all you can do if you propose to eat animals.

There comes a point when over thinking the whole process becomes worse than the actual process. It's all a gamble and folks usually just do the best they can do and then rest on that. That's all you can do if you propose to eat animals.
I totally agree. And at some point all of the analysis and fretting just becomes an excuse for not taking action.

Over the (mumble mumble) years I have been in Human Resources, I have seen this so many times. People will allow things to get really bad before they take action, and then after suffering for months, or even years, will finally take action and be totally surprised at the relief that comes from just doing it. I cannot tell you how many times I have told an employee that the misery he/she was feeling was because there is a decision that needs to be made, but is not being made.

I totally agree. And at some point all of the analysis and fretting just becomes an excuse for not taking action.

Over the (mumble mumble) years I have been in Human Resources, I have seen this so many times. People will allow things to get really bad before they take action, and then after suffering for months, or even years, will finally take action and be totally surprised at the relief that comes from just doing it. I cannot tell you how many times I have told an employee that the misery he/she was feeling was because there is a decision that needs to be made, but is not being made.
Did I hear you say a HUNDRED years????
ep.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom