Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

I just sold 2 roosters out of the blue-- a family from south america now living in the US and driving h a huge Yukon, had their littlest act as interpretor. I charge $7 but would like to charge more. Being free range and well fed an all . . .

I dont advertise on CL any more as I prefer to eat them ourselves. THese are folks that ig nore the NO Tresspassing sign. Gotta find a gate!

Oh boy.

I had that happen last summer. We were having a yard sale and instead of looking at the items for sale a whole family started wondering my property and came upon my almost fully grow CX. They had their young child translate between us adults and they were trying to buy some CX for barely nothing. Yea right I don't think so lol.

I sell any extra young roosters for $5 each. Any roosters that make it here past 10weeks of age typically do not get rehomed and will stay until processing day. We just had 8 roosters processed this morn.

I also rehomed 2 Silkie roosters today to a nice lady for her flock of Silkie hens. I cant bring myself to process Silkies yet.

Last edited:
This is Tiny Tim, our Christmas dinner.
Just about 3 months old now, he's growing way faster than our last broad breasted white.
Can't wait to see how big he is Christmas, we have all our family coming in from out of state :)

I just sold them all for $4 each. And I know they will be eaten and not going to a forever home.
hit.gif

But at least we'll have peace and quiet and no town compliance knocking on my door.

They served their purpose. They will still live a bit long and get a little bigger I bet. You have done well.
thumbsup.gif

This is Tiny Tim, our Christmas dinner.
Just about 3 months old now, he's growing way faster than our last broad breasted white.
Can't wait to see how big he is Christmas, we have all our family coming in from out of state :)

Oh my goodness, you'll have a 45 lb turkey. You'll have to cut him in half just to cook. Leslie raised a lot last year and couldn't sell them. Has a whole freezer of nothing but turkeys.
lau.gif

I just sold 2 roosters out of the blue-- a family from south america now living in the US and driving h a huge Yukon, had their littlest act as interpretor.  I charge $7 but would like to charge more. Being free range and well fed an all . . . 

I dont advertise on CL any more as I prefer to eat them ourselves. THese are folks that ig nore the NO Tresspassing sign.  Gotta find a gate!

Know what you mean! Here people just drive up in the yard and start asking if I want to sell this or that. And there are NO for sale signs anywhere!

Oh boy.

I had that happen last summer. We were having a yard sale and instead of looking at the items for sale a whole family started wondering my property and came upon my almost fully grow CX. They had their young child translate between us adults and they were trying to buy some CX for barely nothing. Yea right I don't think so lol.

I sell any extra young roosters for $5 each. Any roosters that make it here past 10weeks of age typically do not get rehomed and will stay until processing day. We just had 8 roosters processed this morn.

I also rehomed 2 Silkie roosters today to a nice lady for her flock of Silkie hens. I cant bring myself to process Silkies yet.

isit true that roosters are really tuff to eat? I have been debateing on culling the 4 extra roosters in my flock but i wanted to ask around first

Back
Top Bottom