Processing done

Way to go. Love the fact you used the 4 inch pvc. Should be super sturdy.
It is so much better when you get it do yourself.
Those roos look good- tasty

Well, I stopped by Home Depot and picked up supplies to build a plucker. $14.90 later, I have a 3" coupler with a female threads on one end; a screw on 3" cap, three 24" bungee cords; a 3" stainless steel carriage bolt; SS washer and nut.

I drilled 8 sets of three holes at an angle an inserted the split bungee cord.

If it works well, I will post some pics. If not, ...

Did 4 meat birds this morning. About the only thing I can say about the new electric plucker is WOW!, what a difference. Plucking was quick, easy and actually enjoyable. The plucker did an OUTSTANDING job with no damage to the skin. I just can't get over what a great job this thing did. Here's some pics and a big "thanks" to the original poster for giving me the gumption to make a plucker
plucker1.jpg

plucker2.jpg

plucker3.jpg

plucker4.jpg

I turn on the drill and hold the chicken up to the rotating "fingers". Because the drill is fixed, I had to turn the chicken over and around. What amazed me about the plucker is that wherever it hit, it cleaned ALL the feathers, including pins. It was really amazing.

Because I've only used the plucker once, I still have quite a bit of learning. One thing I'm unsure about is the speed to run the drill. Does anyone have suggestions?

Not trying to HiJack your thread but I have a question about your plucker. I attatched a pic of the plucker I made, andwhen I attatch it to my drill and turn it on the nut loosens up. Is there a way to make it so that this doesnt happen, perhap locktight? Im running out of time, only got two weeks to make this work perfect or Im plucking by hand
ep.gif

Thanks and thanks for posting up your pics I used yours as a model

Last edited:
Tighten another nut onto the existing one. That SHOULD lock it down. You could also buy a lock nut, which I guarantee won't back off.

I like your rendition.

How long do you soak the chickens in ice water after they are "processed"? When can you put them in the refrigerator/freezer?

I had some of my roos done this afternoon by a friend, who did a great job, and am not sure what to do with them now. Have them in a cooler in cold water.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom